Tuesday, August 16, 2011

First Things First

  
Well, this is me all done up at a family friend's daughter's Quinceañero, that I attended to at the beginning of June. Not bad, right? I was getting dozens of compliments, even from the waitresses and obviously I was feeling pretty good about myself, walking around like a 60's pin up doll. I had a great time (gracias Blanquita y Carlos!)

That night, after a few merengues, salsa, and some candombe, I got home with my head full of praises. As I stood in front of the mirror I took off my dress and exposed to myself everything that no one else could see, a wide wait, a flabby stomach, and YES...that horrible bulge. 
 Although the flattery was good for the moment, it was only about the superficial Nenu, adorned by a dress that formed curves, a bow that was higher than my waist and hid the "muffin top". And when I say superficial I mean it. Not only people can't see what's under my dress, but they also can't see the deeper stuff...what I eat.


So, here I am, a couple of months later I decided to challenge myself and bare it all out to you girls and guys. For starters I do not eat meat already, no chicken, no beef, no pork, etc., since January 2011. I only eat fish, veggies, and junk food. I don't like to eat fruit unless it's in a shake and I love pastries, cakes, torta fritas con dulce de leche, anything sweet that I can get a hold of. Sometimes I will workout for months and then I get lazy and won't hit the gym for another couple of months. I like to drink red wine about twice a week and enjoy smoking cigarettes. I work part-time at Dippin Donuts (hi Mona!!!) and I have to children that are constantly hungry.

 My diet is simple and you are more than welcomed to follow it with me and may be even give me some tips.
Diet: NO soft drinks, alcohol, candy, pastries, junk food or cigarettes. NO fast food or fried food and cut back on breads.

I began this challenge yesterday and so far I haven't had any sweets, I bought a Blu Cig, and I've been trying to drink a gallon of water a day. I'm not a soda drinker or bread eater, so that's not a problem.

For training purposes I hired my little brother Matias, who always forwards to me GREAT ARTICLES from Tony Gentilcore and T-Nation and pretty much is a workout nerd.

My Little Brother
Ok, ladies... focus, please focus. Back to the training, like I was saying, Matias will prepare a weight lifting program so I can burn fat faster, build more muscle, look leaner and be stronger. This week we are building mind-muscle connections and going after basic strength before adding weights.

At 138 lbs. this is what I look like post-workout without my shirt on and the doll dress.


  Therefore, whoever is shy to got to the gym, or is uncomfortable working out in front of others, here I am exposing embarrassing pictures of myself, to show that with self-control and determination anything is possible.

Follow me in my blogs and see the naked truth about my everyday life, my workouts and diets, all blend into one (fill in the blank)_______ day!

7 comments:

  1. Buenisimo...you go girl!!! te deseo lo mejor and at least you dont have horrible stretch marks like me :( las odio.
    keep me posted i want to know como te va
    besos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on this great Journey! Thanks for sending me the link. I love this awesome Blog and your ambition! Looking forward to seeing great results and hearing more!!!
    Keep it up!

    Natalia Mascarenhas Fernandes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dai, I also have stretch marks but I wanna feel better not just look good. May be with this blog I can be of help to you and many others. I'll keep you posted. Besos

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nati, thank you for your support and encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Nenu, I agree with you everything that you said. To look good is not only to do exercise. Also is eating healthy and have a discipline to have schedule on meals, on sleep hours, etc...
    In my personal life what I do is because I believe in God with all my heart and the Bible said: 1 Corinthians 6:19-20
    New International Version (NIV)

    19 Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; 20 you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies.

    Good look and keep up this you started. God bless u.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nenu I think its great what you are doing and I wish for you to live it for ever and not just a phase. Only ''YOU'' will benefit from this and in many ways. I believe our bodies are our temples and its in our hands, so love it and care for it! love, your friend, Valeria

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks to all who are supporting me. And thank you BBF AKA. The Vic! Love you

    ReplyDelete