Monday, August 22, 2011

Recap

   On Sunday, August 14th I began what I would call a clean diet. To recap this what I said:
 NO soft drinks, alcohol, candy, pastries, junk food or cigarettes. NO fast food or fried food and cut back on breads.

Now you will read how my week went along and you can give me some tips in how I can
improve.

Sunday:     I focused on eating healthy, although I started my day with no breakfast. For lunch I made organic wheat pasta, with garbanzo beans and boiled eggs. For supper I took to work the same as lunch but a smaller portion and added a lettuce and tomatoes salad.
Not too bad for day one.
Monday:        Had the top of a bran muffin for breakfast. Worked out with Matias for 45 minutes and had 2 tablespoons of peanut butter for protein. Tuna and salad for lunch. Lentils for supper. Drank a gallon of water.

Tuesday:        Pasta for breakfast, because I didn't want to eat my kids' cereal since it has sugar. Eggs and salad for lunch and lentils for dinner. Drank almost a gallon of water. I also went to a KICK class at my gym since I love cardio workouts.

Wednesday:  Eggs in the morning, salad and 2 tablespoons of peanut butter for lunch and a veggie delight sub from D'Angelo with cheese for supper. I know supper wasn't the best. Drank a gallon of water and FOAM ROLLED.

Note:   I foam roll everyday. We will discuss the benefits of it on later blogs.

Thursday:      I had cereal with almond milk for breakfast.
Lunch was very late. I had a small portion of BBQ organic sirloin and tomatoes with oregano and olive oil. And 2 glasses of wine. The wine is not part of the diet, but I'm coming clean. I knoooooow...I ate meat and it was good. I was also full and very heavy for rest of the day because I'm not used to it, so I didn't have supper.


Friday:       I had whole wheat oatmeal for breakfast. YUM! Scrambles eggs and spring mix salad for lunch. Cherries for snack and shrimp and broccoli with white rice for dinner. No wine and 3/4 of a gallon of water.

Saturday:  Scrambled eggs and spinach for breakfast. Two slices of pizza for lunch. Dinner tomatoes and rice. Not very exciting. Only drank half gallon of water.

It seems as the week goes by, it gets harder to eat healthy and stay active. But no matter what I have to focus on getting strong and the only way is to put effort into it.

This week I will be posting some videos of some of the exercises I've been doing, so...





1 comment: